skip to Main Content
The smarter way
to do assignments.

Please note that this is just a preview of a school assignment posted on our website by one of our clients. If you need assistance with this question too, please click on the Order button at the bottom of the page to get started.

Question 1A quality control officer states that there is a 0.03 probability that a randomly chosen part is defective. This would be considered:A)Manufactured probabilityB)Subjective probabilityC)Empirical probabilityD)Classical probabilityQuestion 2Given the following information, find the probability that a randomly selected student will be very tall. Number of students who are very short: 45, short: 60, tall: 82, very tall: 21A)21.6%B)49.5%C)21.0%D)10.1%Question 3Given the following information, find the probability that a randomly selected dog will be a golden retriever or a poodle. Number of dogs who are poodles: 31, golden retrievers: 58, beagles: 20, pugs: 38A)60.5%B)46.9%C)58.0%D)39.5%Question 4Given that there is a 22% chance it will rain on any day, what is the probability that it will rain on the first day and be clear (not rain) on the next two days?A)78.0%B)17.2%C)1.1%D)13.4%Question 5Consider the following table. What is the probability of blue?BlueYes 44No 5Total 49A)44/49B)49/142C)91/142D)51/142Question 6Consider the following table. What is the probability of red, given yes?RedYes 15No 38Total 53A)53/87B)15/53C)15/21D)15/36Question 7A card is randomly selected from a standard deck of 52 cards. What is P(face card)?A)12/52B)13/52C)4/52D)26/52Question 8In a sample of 350 customers, 105 say that service is poor. You select two customers without replacement to get more information on their satisfaction. What is the probability that both say service is poor?A)9.00%B)30.00%C)17.88%D)8.94%Question 9In a sample of 487 customers, 301 say they are happy with the service. If you select three customers without replacement for a commercial, what is the probability they will all say they are happy with the service?A)23.61%B)23.52%C)23.14%D)20.60%Question 10One event is a father being right handed. The other event is that his daughter is right handed. How would you classify these events?A)DependentB)IndependentQuestion 11A company sells 14 types of crackers that they label varieties 1 through 14, based on spice level. What is the probability that one purchase results in a selection of a cracker with an even number or a number less than 5?A)35.7%B)14.0%C)71.4%D)64.3%Question 12Of the shirts produced by a company, 6.5% have loose threads, 9.5% have crooked stitching, and 3% have loose threads and crooked stitching. Find the probability that a randomly selected shirt has loose threads or has crooked stitching.A)13.0%B)19.0%C)12.5%D)16.0%Question 13Randomly select a customer that is happy with the company. Randomly select a customer who is elderly. Are these events mutually exclusive?A)Non-mutually exclusive eventsB)Mutually exclusive eventsQuestion 14In a sample of 800 adults, 242 said that they liked sugar cereals. Three adults are selected at random without replacement. Find the probability that all three like sugar cereals.A)2.70%B)2.73%C)2.77%D)2.74%Question 15In a sample of 80 adults, 25 said that they would buy a car from a friend. Three adults are selected at random without replacement. Find the probability that none of the three would buy a car from a friend.A)25.80%B)2.80%C)32.50%D)31.93%Question 16A sock drawer has 17 folded pairs of socks, with 5 pairs of white, 8 pairs of black and 4 pairs of blue. What is the probability, without looking in the drawer, that you will first select and remove a black pair, then select either a blue or a white pair?A)24.91%B)52.94%C)47.06%D)26.47%Question 17An investment advisor believes that there is a 60% chance of making money by investing in a specific stock. If the stock makes money, then there is a 50% chance that among those making money, they would also get a dividend. Find the probability that the investor makes money and receive a dividend.A)50%B)10%C)30%D)60%Question 18An investment advisor believes that there is a 28% chance of making money by investing in a specific stock. If the stock makes money, then there is a 43% chance that among those making money, they would also get a dividend. Find the probability that the investor makes money and receive a dividend.A)28%B)18%C)15%D)16%Question 19A smartphone company found in a survey that 17% of people did not own a smartphone, 18% owned a smartphone only, 29% owned a smartphone and only a tablet, 21% owned a smartphone and only a computer, and 15% owned all three. If a person were selected at random, what is the probability that the person would own a smartphone only or a smartphone and computer?A)39%B)21%C)61%D)47%

GET HELP WITH THIS ASSIGNMENT TODAY

Clicking on this button will take you to our custom assignment page. Here you can fill out all the additional details for this particular paper (grading rubric, academic style, number of sources etc), after which your paper will get assigned to a course-specific writer. If you have any issues/concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact our live support team or email us right away.

How It Works        |        About Us       |       Contact Us

© 2018 | Intelli Essays Homework Service®