Your instructor will assign you one of the following positions related to the legalization of recreational marijuana use:
For Recreational Marijuana Legalization
Against Recreational Marijuana Legalization
Research your assigned position as well as the alternatives so you can critically engage with your opponents’ position.
In 750-1,000 words, write a summary about your assigned position that describes its major tenets and arguments for them. Make sure to include the physiological, psychological, and sociological effects of marijuana use in your summary.
Use three to five academic resources.
By Day 4, post your 750-1,000-word paper as your initial response to the thread in the Main Forum titled “Recreational Marijuana Legalization Debate” for the topic you have been assigned.
By Day 5, respond to the two alternative positions with a 200-350-word rebuttal.
Days 6-7, continue the dialog with at least one of the alternative positions.
Be sure to ask your opponents follow-up questions that challenge their views and answer your opponent’s questions.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide
This assignment meets the following CACREP Standard: 5.C.2.h. Classifications, indications, and contraindications of commonly prescribed psychopharmacological medications for appropriate medical referral and consultation.
This assignment meets the following NASAC Standards:
3) Describe the behavioral, psychological, physical health, and social effects of psychoactive drugs, including alcohol and tobacco,on the consumer and significant others.
4) Recognize the potential for substance use disorders to mimic a variety of medical and psychological disorders, and the potential for medical and psychological disorders to co-exist with addiction and substance abuse.
14) Be familiar with medical and pharmaceutical resources in the treatment of addictive disease and other substance-related disorders.
26) Screen for alcohol and other drug toxicity, withdrawal symptoms, aggression or danger to others, and potential for self-inflicted harm or suicide.
28) Determine the client’s readiness for treatment/change and the needs of others involved in the current situation.
103) Describe warning signs, symptoms, and the course of addictions.
117) Interpret and apply information from current counseling and addictions research literature in order to improve client care and enhance professional growth.
MUST PASS TURN IT IN WITH LESS 5%