Your first writing assignment is a reflective piece in which you reflect on your cultures/co-cultures and the cultures/co-cultures of other students on campus. This assignment also asks that you consider what you learned from the Culture Activity completed in class.
Your essay will have four paragraphs. NOTE: It is important that you explain your answers and provide examples when appropriate to the question.
For your Introduction Paragraph, include the following:
· Clearly introduce the assignment
· Thesis Statement
· Preview of Main Points
· Identify some of your cultures and co-cultures (at least 5)
· What are some characteristics of each culture/co-culture?
· What concepts, discussed in Chapter Two, help to describe elements of your cultures?
· Identify some of the cultures and co-cultures of the students you met
· What did you learn about some of the cultures?
· What concepts, discussed in Chapter Two, describe your view/understanding of the culture prior to talking with the students?
· How did your view/understanding of the culture change after talking with the students?
For your Conclusion Paragraph, include responses to the following:
· What did you learn about yourself form identifying your cultures?
· What did you learn about other cultures in the activity?
· What concepts from Chapters Two and/or Chapter Five will help you to increase your culturally awareness?